Common Challenges People Face When Trying to Lose Weight
It has been determined that approximately 42% of Americans fall into the category of “obese.” The statistics continue to rise and become more and more concerning every year. Excess weight doesn’t just mean you need a new wardrobe–it also means individuals are at an increased risk of specific medical conditions and health problems, from cancer to diabetes, heart disease, and strokes. While there are several diets and ways to maintain a healthier weight in today’s day and age, there are many challenges that individuals face when it comes to losing excess weight and maintaining a healthier weight.
Dr. Alexander Shapsis and his Brooklyn, New York team at EndoSlim Clinic, a spinoff of Atlantic Gastroenterology help to define the challenges people might face or experience when trying to lose weight and what one can do about it.
Challenges faced by adults when looking to reduce their weight
Losing weight can be much more difficult than it was to add the weight on, but with proper guidance, many find results. Some of the issues that can make weight loss difficult include:
- Human biology, in which our bodies, with time, were designed to maintain calories, not burn them off
- Coexisting medical conditions, such as diabetes, that can be difficult to control
- The use of certain pharmaceuticals which are known to increase weight gain with time
- Yo-yo dieting can often cause patients to bounce back and forth in weight with no true lifestyle changes
- Food deserts and lack of access to healthier foods, especially when it comes to cost
Are you struggling with maintaining a healthy weight?
Dr. Alexander Shapsis is a qualified doctor in Brooklyn, New York, and can educate you on ways to lead a healthy lifestyle and improve your overall quality of life.
Call 718 521-2840 to request an appointment at one of his two office locations in Brooklyn, including his Court Street office and his Ocean Parkway office.
The team at Atlantic Gastroenterology can help you reduce your weight to a healthy level in a safe and affordable manner!
Share this Article
Back to Blog Page